Thursday 12 June 2008

QUEUE-JUMP AND DIE

According to the Daily Mail, someone went to Sainsbury's the other day, got in an altercation over who was first in line, and "was hit so hard in the face... that he collapsed to the floor unconscious and in a pool of blood." Then he died. 


This is further proof that supermarkets in the UK are becoming hotbeds for criminal activity. First self-service checkouts encourage ubiquitous theft, and now this. What's next? Terrorist attacks? Supermarket shootings over who gets the last 2-for-1 Tesco Value canned hot dogs deal? Drug dealing in the bakery aisle?
Perhaps I'm overreacting, but I'm considering avoiding supermarkets of any kind. A few months ago an elderly lady struck up a conversation with me in the fresh fruit section of Tesco, only to reveal to me the details of her rampantly unpredictable bowel movements. That was enough to keep me away for a while out of fear of crossing paths with her again, but I eventually went crawling back to their half-price deals and own-brand discounts. But this is enough to convince me to revert to the hunter-gatherer status that I know exists somewhere in my instinct. From now on I'll shoot pigeons from my window, pluck them and cook them myself on a little barbecue. Sweet.

On a completely unrelated note, a picture of one of La Boite's contributors in the blog office the other night.

No comments: